Monday, September 15, 2008

A cute random story about Lincoln.....

..... Almost every night after we put Lincoln to bed, he comes back downstairs with some excuse as to why he can't sleep. This week he came down and said," I can't sleep in my room, I'm afraid of the wall". He's tried this one before actually, so I told him to go back upstairs and say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help him not feel scared. In his most pitiful voice comes," I need someone to come and pray with me". So up we go, back to his room. He starts his prayer as usual and says," please bless Jesus that he will help me not feel scared of my wall" pause..." and please ask Mama that she will stay upstairs with me, and ask Mama that she will sit in my chair and play with my abc puzzle, and please keep mama safe....." How could I not lay down with him after that? So I told him I'd stay with him for a little bit. He snuggled up next to me and had the happiest most contented little grin on his face, and in his sweetest voice he says" Mama, I always want you to sleep in my bed with me (sigh)"!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

That's funny. I guess you had to stay or he might think the Lord wasn't listening to his prayer! :o)

Kelly said...

So cute!! and it sounds so familiar.... =)