For those of you interested in following the drama of this miscarriage experience, I've decided to blog about it.
Here are the details:
2/09- I got a positive pregnancy test
2/14- Started bleeding
2/16- went to the Dr. said that I was probably miscarrying. He told me to call him in a week and a half if I was still getting positive pregnancy tests.
2/26- still getting a positive
2/27- went back to dr. did HCG blood test and scheduled an ultrasound. HCG= 1,700.(It has to go back to 0 for everything to be over)
3/2-Ultrasound, saw nothing, (by the way I've been spotting and bleeding off and on this entire time) did another HCG test. HCG= 2,200. Dr. said he thought we caught it spiking and he was sure it would start going down now and scheduled another blood test for three days later.
3/5- HCG= 4,200. Dr. not sure why it's going up and says my levels are increasing at a somewhat normal rate. I asked about the possibility of an ectopic and he didn't seem to think so,but it's not completely ruled out I guess. I have to go back on Tuesday for another ultrasound. In the mean time I'm just praying that I'm not bleeding internally and going to drop dead. My sister said I'd be in a lot of pain if that were going to happen. I feel fine though, and I even stopped bleeding(finally) 2 days ago. Soooooo, check back tuesday for an update and hopefully an answer as to what the heck is going on. Feel free to leave comments and make a guess.
4 comments:
I guess you are a medical mystery! ;o)
That must be frustrating to not know what's going on. At least you have a positive outlook. :) Good for you!
Wow! I'm going to guess that you're still pregnant. =) I hope so.
oh, wow, Carrie, you're a trooper. i can't understand what you've been going through, but i'm glad it was figured out. i'll be thinking about you.
Post a Comment