.....anyone ever looks at this anymore, I thought I'd post an update while I have the chance. My computer is still on the fritz, so my internet time is all borrowed from family and friends when I pop over to their houses.
We're working like crazy to finish the house. I'd say we're on the home stretch. As soon as I can I'll post pictures on here.
Levi's days, and often nights, are spent working. That's all he does right now. With a weekly break for Young Men's. I think he really enjoys his calling in YM, but I know he'd like more time to devote to it.
Lincoln has started Pre-school and he loves it. I have him in a Co-op that a few ladies from church have put together, and I'm doing a homeschool curriculum with him as well. He's getting so big.
Louisa continues to be a whirlwind of a kid. I was looking at baby pictures of her yesterday and thinking how clueless we were then of the kind of crazy kid she would become. I wondered if she showed any signs and I just didn't recognize them at the time. She is definitely energetic and fun-lovin'. As difficult as her crazy personality is sometimes, I love her more for it. She is so spunky and fun, she makes us laugh.
I'm busy, busy, busy. Between working on the house, raising two kids, church calling, book club, and other misc. things, I don't get much down time. What's that common phrase that I hear so often....oh yeah," after "such and such", life will settle down a bit". HA, I laugh. I think this is the way it will always be, with occasional restful periods. Anyway, life is good, just thought I'd let you know.
4 comments:
Have you heard of "5 in a row"? It is a literature based curriculum for pre-school & elementary. I enjoyed using it when my kids were young.
I think you are supposed to count book club as down time. If it's not, is there anything I can do to help make it not so much a stress and more a pleasant experience?
Okay, I was just listing things that I'm involved in, not neccesarily stresses. I love book club:) It's just a little harder now finding time to update the blog, but oh well. You'll have to tell me more about "5-in-a-row".
I've also looked into "5 in a row" and "Before 5 in a row." It's set up very similarly to the lessons I taught when I taught preschool and Kindergarten. You can get the curriculum online and check out books from the library. Basically you read a story and do a corresponding lesson. But the books they use are really great!
I've also often laughed about the whole "after this, life will be calmer" thing.
Glad you updated! :)
Post a Comment