Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Renewed hope

I am here to testify that the transformation that babies go through from sweet baby to terrible toddler, is real! Though I hate to use the adjective terrible to describe any child(especially mine :o). Here are some other, more positive adjectives to describe this stage of toddlerhood....boisterous,rambunctious,energetic, assertive,clever.....

This morning while sitting at my computer, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Louisa playing by the kitchen table. The next thing I know she's standing ON the table pulling napkins out of the basket, grinning at me!

Saturday, we were at the Studio and I asked Jodie to watch Louisa for a minute so I could use the bathroom. Well, I emerged from the WC to find Louisa dripping wet, soaked to her armpits and Jodie telling me that "She only turned her head for a second..." Louisa had gone for a refreshing dip in the little pond at the studio! I told Jodie that I learned about the "only takes a second" rule, long ago. There's also the "they can't do that yet" bit, that can really get you into trouble because they will do it and it might only take once (whatever it is).

In conclusion I would like to share an experience that gives me hope and encouragement. Along with all of the "energetic" moments a toddler has, there is an equal share of precious moments.For example: Louisa has learned to sit for prayer and will sit down, fold her arms,by reaching one arm across her tummy and grabbing onto the other elbow. She bows her head so that her chin is tucked almost onto her stomach, and tries to close her eyes,and squints. It is a sweet sight to see her in that posture, sitting there reverently... and it gives me a renewed hope that my sweet little girl will re-emerge someday!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

It seriously was no longer than 10 seconds & Madison was saying that Louisa was in the pond! Can I help it that my kids (I'm afraid I'm jinxing myself here) aren't quite as "curious" as your's? hee hee!

Kelly said...

Carrie you have your hands full! That is so great that shes reverent though. Adelaide has just started to be. I love how they grab the opposite elbow to "fold" their arms. I'm impressed she closes her eyes even!

Nice choices on your toddler adjectives!