Monday, February 23, 2009
Books
My friend Alice posted on her blog a list of 100 books(http://careyclanblog.blogspot.com) where it states that it is supposed that most people will only have read 6 out of the 100 books listed. That got me thinking. Levi and I come from pretty different backgrounds. Where I grew up with video games, TV, and books as recreational tools, Levi's family had books. Levi's dad was a teacher and his mom an English major. A love for literature abounds in his family. I've always liked reading but being married to Levi has opened my eyes to a whole new side of literature. This is a farely common exchange between the two of us though: I say,"oh I've seen the movie", he says,"yeah I read the book". When Levi went on his mission I had a goal to read all of the Newberry Award books before he came back. While I made a pretty good sized dent in the list, I didn't make it all the way through. But I did start a new appreciation for books, and reading things that I probably wouldn't normally pick up, and enjoying them. Our book club is just an extension of that desire I have to read more and expand my "library" so to say. I was talking to someone recently about the differences between us and our husbands and how there are somethings that I've learned to love and appreciate more because of Levi's influence. This is one of them. While I have read 18 of the books from the list, Levi has read 40. When I told him his number, he said,"wow that's pretty bad". I thought it was pretty good.
3 comments:
Those are pretty impressive numbers if 6 is the average! Now I'm curious as to what my number is...
I'd like to know what the list of books is. Where can I find it?
Amy
Ok, so I'm not even going to tell you the number I've read! Sad.
Post a Comment