Monday, February 23, 2009

Miscarriage

Here are my thoughts. I was never naive enough to think that it wouldn't happen to me. In fact I've always expected that it would. I told Levi a few days before it happened that the odds were against me this time. I was the 7th woman in our ward to get pregnant and some statistics say that one in seven will miscarry. This didn't really make it any easier when on Valentine's day, I started to bleed. We've been trying for a while to get baby #3 and this just broke my heart. I know and understand all of the things that are suppose to make me feel better ; God's quality control, you can try again, at least you can get pregnant, Heavenly Father knows what's best, etc. But honestly, I was just sad, and I realized that none of that stuff really helps at first. Later, yes, but not at first. Part of me though can see something in this experience to be grateful for. First of all I'm glad that it wasn't later in pregnancy,that would've been even harder for me. I'm also grateful that I can now relate to so many women who experience this. I know how they feel, and what they're going through. That kind of knowledge and experience is a blessing to me, in a way. While I feel like I'm doing my best and being strong and moving on, I think it's a great deal in part to all of my friends and family who were sad with me, offered me love and prayers and shoulders to cry on. I just wanted all of you know how much I appreciate your friendship and love. We will try again! I have hope that baby #3 will come to our family soon. I have an eternal perspective and know that this little time of sadness in my life is nothing compared to the eternities of happiness that we are striving for.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I'm also sad that it had to happen. Love ya!

Alice said...

Wow. I had no idea. I'm so sorry that happened, but I also admire you for being able to see the positive in this experience.

There are 7 pregnant women in our ward?? Man, I'm out of the loop.

Amy said...

I was sorry to hear about the miscarriage. But you are strong and like you said this has made you stronger and able to empathize with others. Keep trying :) That is a gift and comfort when you can look for the positive. Good for you!! Love ya,
Amy

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry Carrie. I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering how things were going in that dept since we talked at Christmas. I'm sad with you. Good luck.