When I was a young girl, around the age of 13 or so, I loved to watch "The Little Princess". I thought it was a beautiful film with rich artistry and costumes. There was a song that was sort of the theme music for the movie and at one point they sing it. I memorized that song. I wanted to be able to sing it to my kids when I grew up. I used to sing it to my niece when she was a baby, and I was able to sing it to my two babies. Lately,Lincoln has been requesting that song almost every night when I sing to him at bed time. I was just appreciating that tonight as I sang it. I realized that I was living a dream.
Here are the words:
As the moon beams kindle the night
As the Wind Kindles the Fire,
As the rain fills every ocean,
And the Sun the Earth,
Your heart will Kindle my heart.
Take my heart, take my heart,
Kindle it with your heart.
And my heart, cannot be,
Kindled without you, with your heart, kindle my heart.
1 comment:
That's pretty cool. I have no recollection of ever thinking about being a mother. Isn't that sad?
Post a Comment