Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today was full of green.......and red!

Happy St. Patty's day!Lincoln and I had fun pinching each other this morning. Next year I'll remember to wear green pajamas the night before. Lincoln has a little green snake that he was wearing around his neck until he got dressed. Louisa was the lucky one in green pj's. Levi, well, we all felt too sorry for him to pinch him too much.......
..........The flu has been making it's rounds in my family. Louisa started it, then it moved to Lincoln, and now it's taken it's next victim, Levi. He woke up not feeling well and was going out to the kitchen when he was overcome by a nausea spell. He was standing in the doorway of the bathroom off the kitchen and leaning against the wall. He felt weird and the next thing he knew he was on the floor. I was in bed at the time and knew he had gone out of our room. I heard a loud crash and thought he'd knocked something over. I waited a few seconds and didn't hear any more noise so I went out to investigate. I walked out and saw him on the floor. When I called his name the first time, he didn't respond. As I walked up to him I heard him say, " I think I fainted". Then I noticed there was blood everywhere and saw that he had hit his head on the corner of the wall on his way down. He has a pretty big gash in his head and probably needs stitches. But if I could convince him to go the the Dr. and get them, I would deserve some sort of super wife award. He's awfully stubborn.
The kids and I played a fun celtic inspired hay toss game, had green mac'n'cheese for lunch and ended the day with Irish stew and homemade green shortbread cookies. I didn't have time to make the soda bread I had planned. Oh well there's always next year. Levi seems to be doing better. This is probably one St. Patty's day he'll remember for a long time.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Or...he might not remember it... How bad was that whack to the head? :o)