Friday, February 6, 2009

A boy, a cape, and some imagination.

Lincoln, Lincoln, Lincoln. My firstborn, the oldest, the child responsible for setting a good example for his younger sister, the one that will pass on the family name, (okay, I'm getting a little carried away), Lincoln......has taught himself how to burp. He's a pro. Don't think that he learned it from us, this was all him. He walked around for a few days just burping like crazy. He kept saying, "uugghh, Mama, my stomache feels sick", to which I would reply," Well, son I'm very sorry to hear that, maybe if you stopped swallowing so much air and burping so much, your tummy would feel better." And while we're on the subject of boys, when we had the ice and snow last week, we were all outside together building little snowmen and having snowball fights. The mail man drove by and Lincoln instictively started chasing after him and throwing snow balls at the mail man. It never would have crossed my mind to throw snowballs at passing vehicles. Apparently it's a boy thing. Boys are just born different. Which I suppose I'm grateful for. Tonight at dinner Lincoln entertained the missionaries with his silly made up knock knock jokes, tales of star wars characters(which he's never seen by the way but is completely obsessed with, thanks to his boy cousins)his quick whit, and funny facial expressions. When the Elders arrived Lincoln was wearing a cape and running through the house.One of the missionaries said something about having a Super Hero in the house. I corrected him and told him that Lincoln was unfortunately the super Villian, he was being Darth Mal(star wars). If I could roll my eyes on here, I'd do it now. He really is quite the character though.I just hope and pray that he uses his powers for good and doesn't fall to the Dark Side!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to your blog! I love reading about your cute family! Lincoln is hilarious! :) I meant to tell you that last Sunday during opening exercises I guess he didn't want me to talk to him because he sat down, looked at me, and said "I am a stranger that you don't even know." LOL I didn't know how to respond, so I just said "Okay well I'm glad you're here anyway." Sorry that was a crazy long comment :)

Jodie said...

That kid cracks me up! At least you have lots to laugh about every day!

Kelly said...

We have the same kid. I love reading your blog.